Bulloch County Solicitor-General Candidate
and Veteran Prosecuting Attorney of 17 years
Get to Know
I am proud to announce my candidacy for the office of Solicitor-General of Bulloch County. I feel that my 17 years of prosecutorial experience uniquely qualifies me for this position.
My wife and I have chosen to call Statesboro our home since 2006, putting down roots that have allowed us to raise our two daughters in this great community. As someone with a servant’s heart, I have always felt called to serve my community and have done so throughout the circuit as an Assistant District Attorney for the past 14 years. My family and I are active members of First Baptist Church Statesboro, where my wife and I teach the 11th grade Sunday School class, and we are always seen around our daughters’ school, Bulloch Academy, and their dance studio, Statesboro School of Dance, supporting them and their classmates. I am also active in the Downtown Rotary Club of Statesboro, where I have served as the Public Relations Chair for the past three years.
I sincerely ask for your support for my family and I throughout this campaign. We would encourage you to like our campaign Facebook page here: http:/facebook.com/
- Graduate of the University of Georgia, AB ’00
- Graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law, JD ’03
- Prosecutorial Intern, Piedmont Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office, 2002
- Assistant District Attorney, Southern Judicial Circuit 2003-2004
- Assistant District Attorney, Alapaha Judicial Circuit, 2004-2006
- Assistant District Attorney, Ogeechee Judicial Circuit, 2006-present
In my 17 years as a prosecuting attorney, I have successfully prosecuted cases including multiple murder cases, armed robberies, home invasions, and sex crimes against children, and other crimes throughout the four-county circuit, and have been the sole counsel for approximately 40 jury trials. I have also overseen appellate matters, including authoring approximately 20 appellate briefs in the Court of Appeals of Georgia and the Georgia Supreme Court.
COMMUNITY & FAMILY
- Member, Bulloch County Bar Association, 2006-present
- First Baptist Church Statesboro, 2006-present
- Bylaws Committee, 2010-2013
- 11th Grade Sunday School Teacher, 2016-present
- Downtown Rotary Club of Statesboro, 2015-present
- Public Relations Chair, 2017-present
- 2018 Graduate of Leadership Bulloch
I believe in community. We are called to serve others and through community involvement, we do that.
I am married to Mandy Edwards, owner of local marketing company ME Marketing Services, and am father to two red-headed daughters, Allie (15) and Eliza (11). You can often find me at their school, Bulloch Academy, or their many dance productions with Statesboro School of Dance supporting them and their friends. We chose to make Statesboro our home in 2006, laying down roots to raise our family.